Last updated on August 20, 2023
Welcome to the first in a new series of videos on the Lion’s Den Game Master 5. If you’ve been watching my videos or reading this blog, you know I’m a big fan of Lion’s Den Fight Club 5. Well, what Fight Club 5 does for players, Game Master 5 does for GMs.
Game Master 5 has quickly become my most used app as a DM and I can hardly imagine I managed before. Before I discovered it, I was using Evernote for campaign notes, Kobold Fight Club (which is outstanding) for combat, a homemade DM screen, Fight Club 5 for player sheets, Photos for maps, and a whole lot of app switching.
Now with Game Master 5, I can manage campaigns, adventures, and combat encounters with amazing efficiency. The app takes a little getting used to, but once you get the basics down you can stage all kinds of content very quickly. This video doesn’t get into the details, but future videos in the series will touch on:
- Creating campaigns and adventures and adding PCs and NPCs to them.
- Importing and updating player character sheets from Fight Club 5.
- Creating prepared “random” encounters to spring on unsuspecting PCs.
- Running combat with lots of baddies and PCs quickly and efficiently.
- Adding notes to campaigns, adventures, PCs, NPCs, and encounters.
Eventually, I’ll cover customizing the compendium and other advanced topics, but those first five will do for now.
Don’t forget to subscribe on YouTube and comment if you have any questions or ideas for new videos.